Let’s say you need some extra practice and time to play golf so you are planning to play a litter later in the evening too. Well, it’s quite dark in the evening and the ball can be very hard to find so you need a golf ball that can glow in the dark. This is why you want to gather knowledge on how to make glow-in-the-dark golf balls.
Or you can buy some luminous golf balls; the decision is up to you. But one this is for sure a glow-in-the-dark golf ball can make your golf experience more fun.
- 1 What is Glow in the Dark Golf Ball?
- 2 How do Glow in the Dark Golf Balls Work?
- 3 How to Make Glow in the Dark Golf Balls?
- 4 Types of Glow in the Dark Golf Balls
- 5 Best Glow in the Dark Golf Balls
- 6 FAQs
- 7 Final Thoughts
What is Glow in the Dark Golf Ball?
A glow-in-the-dark golf ball is a kind of ball that glows in the dark. The balls stay bright in the dark which makes them easier to spot. They can keep their brightness up to 15 minutes depending on the kind of glow in the dark ball it is. Why need a glow-in-the-dark golf ball?
No matter how much time you play golf, playing it is always enjoyable. And playing in the dark with a glow-in-the-dark ball is even more enjoyable. People who are more passionate about playing golf can get some extra practice during the night. It can add some more flayer into your golf playing experience and not to mention it is very fun.
All you need are some headlamp and of course a glow-in-the-dark golf ball.
How do Glow in the Dark Golf Balls Work?
UV balls are the most commonly used glow in the dark golf balls. You can shine the included UV light on the ball to make it active. Once they are active they will emit a pleasant bright light. It will ensure the ball is bright in the air and easier to find once it hits the ground. It is very easy to find a golf ball in the dark when it is glowing.
How to Make Glow in the Dark Golf Balls?
There are some fun nifty tricks that you can follow to make a glow in the dark ball. And most of them are homemade so you can easily follow along with regular household items. Let us learn how to make glow in the dark golf balls here:
- First, take a container you can work out of.
- Then, place 1/2 tablespoon of borax in the container and mix it with 1/2 cups of warm water.
- Stir the mix well with a stick as long as the powder has dissolved well.
- In another container, take one tablespoon of glue, one tablespoon of cornstarch, and one tablespoon of fluorescent color.
- Mix them well with a different stick. Do not stir both of the mixtures with the same stick.
- Now pour the new mixture on the borax solution for around 20 to 25 seconds.
- Take the mixture out, remove extra water and shape it like a ball.
Glow in the Dark Ball Without Borax:
- To make a glow-in-the-dark ball without borax, you need two tablespoons of cornstarch.
- Mix it with ⅛ cup of water and food color. Use your favorite color.
- Take a microwave-safe bowl and mix the cornstarch and water in it.
- Mix it well and form a sticky paste.
- Put a drop of your favorite food color mix it well and give it a round shape.
- Put some light on top of the round shape and your glow-in-the-dark ball is ready.
Types of Glow in the Dark Golf Balls
There are three types of universally used glow in the dark golf balls:
- UV-powered golf ball (This is generally known as the best type of glow-in-the-dark golf ball).
- Glow-stick golf balls.
- LED light golf ball (It is generally not very bright).
Best Glow in the Dark Golf Balls
The UV-powered golf balls are the best type of glow-in-the-dark golf ball. They are very handy and very straightforward to use. They can be easily bought and they produce the brightest of light amongst all the types of glow-in-the-dark golf balls. You can pre-charge your UV-powered golf ball.
Simply leave it in the sun and it will soak up the UV rays and it will be ready for your evening games. Also, almost all the UV-powered golf balls come with a UV charging light which can get your ball ready in around three minutes.
After hitting your first shot, you can charge your second ball as you walk up to the first ball. You can charge your UV-powered balls faster if you use another flashlight with a UV light kit. But some LED-powered glow-in-the-dark golf balls are even better than the UV-powered ones.
For example, the Night Flyer Lighted Golf Balls are the best.
Night Flyer Lighted Golf Balls Review
Night Flyer Lighted Golf Balls are better than almost all the UV-powered glow in the dark golf balls. They are the world’s first illuminate glowing golf balls of its class. They are commonly used as they are very easy to find in the dark and they glow very bright and have a smart sensor for battery saving.
A lot of golfers like these because they are perfectly balanced balls and they give the same feeling and play experience as a regular golf ball. These sophisticated golf balls are designed by golf experts. You can buy your now if you want to have real fun.
5 Special Features of Night Flyer Lighted Golf Balls
- Very bright in the dark.
- Almost no difference in playability compared to regular golf balls.
- They have a smart sensor for saving battery life.
- They are far superior to their other LED competitors.
- Can stay illuminated for 8-10 minutes.
Question: How long does the glow in a dark ball last?
Answer: The glow-in-the-dark ball has added some extra fun to your enjoyment of playing golf at night. The ball can last up to 40 hours of continuous playing.
Question: Are Glow in The Dark Golf Balls Water-Resistant?
Answer: They can last up to 12 hours in water. If left for a longer period of time then the water can penetrate the outer layer and damage the ball.
Question: Does glow-in-the-dark golf ball last forever?
Answer: Not really. Most glow-in-the-dark golf balls last a fairly long amount of time. And most of the time, it is enough to finish one round of golf. But the cheaper options don’t last as much.
Glow in the dark golf balls is an astounding and entertaining way to enjoy golf. They can definitely add some more fun to the experience and enjoyment. We hope that you all have clearly learned about how to make glow-in-the-dark golf balls after reading this article. It is truly amazing how amazing and fun playing golf can be.
Read More: How many golf balls fit in a 5-gallon bucket?